School Quote Request
Soundtrap for Education is a revolutionary, user-friendly platform for music making that disrupts how music is taught and learnt in schools across the world.
Soundtrap was awarded "The Best Website For Teaching and Learning 2015" by the American Association of School Librarians.
Make music online by using loops and software instrument and by recording vocals, guitars and more.
Invite friends to collaborate. It's free and no download is required.
Soundtrap is a digital audio workstation (DAW) accessible directly in your browser from a variety of devices, such as Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, Android phones and tablets and iPads.
- start a new song using all the built in professional loops and software instruments on your tablet when on the bus
- continue on your Chromebook when arriving at home, invite a couple of friends, who are working on Mac and Windows devices
- conduct a video chat from within the studio coming up with the bass line for the song and finally find a didgeridoo player in the Soundtrap community laying down a unique ending of the song
- you are all working in the same project seeing and hearing all the changes.
It's like Google Docs, but for music production!
Experience the new way of making music together.
In addition, to support the current music education, Soundtrap opens up completely new possibilities for teachers and schools. Let us give you some examples:
Create assignments to groups of students to make music (or podcasts, or spoken word). The students work from their own devices and you as a teacher is part of the project to help and coach from where ever you are and what ever device you are holding in your hand.
Remote instrument lessons
Give the lessons using the built in video chat and have all practice material ready to be send out to the students who can add their own parts on top of the backing music.
Records the parts for the choir in a Soundtrap project and then invite all the choir members the project. The members can now practice their parts and sing along with the real world experience of hearing all the parts except their own from where ever they are.
Needless to say, since Soundtrap is browser based it makes the school independent in their choice of hardware platform to use for the music education: use Windows, Mac, Chromebook or Linux or a mix of them.
- Create music with a large set of high-quality, professional loops.
- Record vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitar, bass and more.
- Use the preamp and the large number of high-quality guitar, bass and vocal effects
- Play the built-in sampled instruments (piano, organ, synths, drums)
- Save your recordings in the cloud
- Invite friends to collaborate on the recording using, for example, video chat possibilities.
- Use it on Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, Android phones and tablets and iPad
A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUNG STUDENTS
As with the MusicFirst Online Classroom, all educational accounts come with a walled garden and COPPA compliance to keep young students safe. This allows students to work together in their own, protected environment.