School Quote Request
PracticeFirst™, powered by MatchMySound™, is a truly affordable way to allow your students to practise anytime, anywhere, on most internet-enabled devices with instant feedback and flexibility that has never seen before.
Available exclusively through the MusicFirst Online Classroom, PracticeFirst simply uses the microphone incorporated in your device to detect sound. The software can then give instant feedback about the accuracy of pitch, rhythm, tempo and more, through its graphical interface.
Perfect for band, orchestral and choral practice, PracticeFirst powered by MatchMySound™ technology, gives teachers easy-to-use tools for creating assignments that are broad or individualized to each student. Assessment and feedback are instantaneous. Student progress is accelerated and learning is fun!
- Very affordable and tailored for students of all levels
- Comes with content AND you can generate your own
- Create exercises with multiple parts from multipart scores
- Assesses rhythmic and pitch accuracy
- Assignment types include memorization and sight reading modes.
- Grading scale can be adjusted from easy to hard.
- Works for polyphonic instruments like piano and guitar
- Teachers can now let students choose their instrument themselves when practicing
- Includes a built in tuner for instruments that need to be tuned before playing
- “Click track” option in place of the metronome for exercises with floating tempo
- A great practice and assessment tool, perfect for choral students
- Fully integrated with the MusicFirst Online Classroom's gradebook, scheduling, portfolio-building and other features.
Students can practice any instrument, including voice, using PracticeFirst’s web-based, easy-to-use interface. Band instruments, orchestral, choral practice, even polyphonic instruments like guitar and piano all can take advantage of the intuitive lessons and feedback features.
Assesses pitch, rhythm and tone
Not only does PracticeFirst respond with pitch and rhythmic assessments, it has the option of also assessing tone - helping student musicians to become more accurate AND more musical!
Essential features included
As students practice, they can play or sing along with included accompaniments, and a metronome feature is integrated into the lessons. Student assignments can be recorded online and teachers can easily review them whenever they wish.
Use our exercises or upload your own!
PracticeFirst comes with a library of useful practice content for students of all levels:
- A collection of 50 simple songs
- A collection of 24 choral works
- A collection of warm ups, scales and exercises for band, orchestra and voice
- Piano Book 1 & 2
- Flute Book 1 & 2
- Clarinet Book 1 & 2
- Alto Saxophone Book 1 & 2
- Tenor Saxophone Book 1 & 2
- Trumpet Book 1 & 2
- Trombone Book 1 & 2
- Drums Book 1 & 2
- Violin Book 1 & 2
- Viola Book 1 & 2
- Cello Book 1 & 2
- And much more!
Teachers can also custom-create their own exercises!
Popular titles from top education curriculum publishers continues to become available as an add-on purchase that can be incorporated into the PracticeFirst library.